Welcome to our Blog

11 oct 2010

Manila Bulletin- Adam Lambert Loves Lea Salonga and Lumpia


MANILA, Philippines – "American Idol" Season 8 runner-up Adam Lambert is no stranger to Pinoy culture having grown up to the music of award-winning Filipino singer, Lea Salonga.

“I have so much respect for her. I remember listening to the Ms. Saigon soundtrack album over and over again when I was younger,” Lambert said on “TV Patrol,” Oct. 10.

Back in high school in California, Lambert's Pinoy friends introduced him to Filipino dishes.

“Pansit and lumpia...in every house I would go every afternoon...so good.”

The singer, who’s known for his hits “For Your Entertainment” and “If I Have You,” had a successful one-night concert “The Glam Nation Tour: Adam Lambert Live in Manila” at the SM Mall of Asia concert grounds on Oct. 10.

Upon arrival, Lambert gushed, “It’s been amazing!”

“The only thing I know about the Philippines is my hotel and the gym and some mango,” he quipped on "Showbiz Central" about his experience in Manila.

Lambert said his concert is divided into three parts.

“In the beginning, it is mysterious, seductive and a little bit dark. And then the middle section is very vulnerable, strip down, acoustic arrangement, very honest. And the last one is very over the top and fun and lots of dancing.”

The popular AI alumnus refers to his Glam Nation tour as “my baby.”

“This is my chance to take my music on the form of entertainment album and really bring it to life for the audiences first across the US and now across the world.”

The singer is a hands-on performer.

“It’s really important for me to make the concept and string it all together. So, I’ve to pick out my outfits, I’ve got to cast my dancers, work with choreographers, put in lighting and the sound designers to come up with what I really like.”

Growing up in California, the gender-bender singer “felt that I was judged” but was fortunate enough to be spared from bullying as a teen.

“I was lucky that I never really experienced a lot of hardcore bullying. People pretty much left me alone,” he recalled.

“But I was also very senstitive to it. I curtailed some of my behavior and some of my actions because I don’t want to get bullied.”

Did his sexual orientation cast a shadow over his chance in winning the grand prize in “American Idol?”

“No. I mean, I wasn’t really actually given the chance to completely, 100 percent talk about my lifestyle after the show. I think it was basically all speculations made by people by assuming.

"And they’re right, too. I made no effort to hide anything about myself. I’m just….being happily talked about it.

The singer thinks he handled the situation very well by not dwelling on it.

“There’s nothing that I can do. It’s out of my control.”

Asked about the two new "American Idol" Season 9 judges, Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler, Lambert said, "I used to love JLo that much and [her] 'Waiting for Tonight' [song]. I love her. She’s beautiful. I think she’ll bring a fresh perspective [to the show].”

Will Simon Cowell be missed in the top rating talent show?

“Yeah, of course. I think Steven Tyler is really fantastic. I mean, he’s a rock icon. So I think that’s gonna be…. I think he’s a character, you know, who used to be eccentric himself .

"I think people will miss Simon but change is good

http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/281551/adam-lambert-loves-lea-salonga-and-lumpia

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario