Welcome to our Blog

4 feb 2013

For Adam Lambert - The World's Biggest Birthday Card - #blog #wearefamily - Via @nilerodgers

Recently, my charity the We Are Family Foundation had it's annual gala, after also being plagued by numerous setbacks including Hurricane Sandy. Our Unity Award Honoree was recording artist Adam Lambert. I became friendly with Adam after playing on a song called "Shady" on his current album last year. We instantly had a musical and spiritual connection. Adam's birthday was two days before our gala and we wanted to give him something special for his birthday. 
The Video Birthday Card from friends and fans had touched me so deeply we wanted to show Adam how much we appreciated him - but we didn't have the time to plan it as well as mine had been planned. Many of my friends are busy artists and didn't get their videos to me until after my birthday. In fact Peter Gabriel's video showed up about a month later but served to remind me how lucky I am every day of my life not just on my birthday. We decided to try to pull off something really big for Adam! 
We contacted the Guinness Book of World Records and they told us the we'd have to achieve 4374 greetings to give Adam The World's Biggest Birthday Card.

http://j.mp/14L8CNb

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario